District 5 City Commissioner Cyndy Floyd, the City of Pompano Beach and Neighborhood Housing Services of South Florida (NHSSF) will host the event “Homeownership 101” to educate residents on the homebuying process.
This Homebuyer Orientation event will help residents of Pompano Beach asses if they are ready to become homeowners, consider the advantages of owning a home vs renting, and provide them with essential knowledge to achieve their dream.
Date: Thursday May 19, 2022
Time: 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Location: Mcnair Park Gymnasium at 951 NW 27th Avenue, Pompano Beach, FL 33069.
Description: This 2-hour, free, informative session, will walk you through the steps you need to take to become a homeowner by providing you with all the essential information related to the process of purchasing a home.
Topics that will be discussed during this event:
- The path to homeownership
- Renting vs Owning
- Previous steps to applying for a mortgage
- The importance of housing counseling
- How to determine your Area Mean Income (AMI)
- How to obtain the best loan
- Government assistance programs with down payment and closing costs in the City of Pompano Beach
- Cyndy Floyd, Commissioner District 5, City of Pompano Beach
- Jenifer Lizardi, Manager and Housing Counselor at NHSSF Center for Homeownership Education & Financial Wellbeing
- Miriam Carrillo, Director of the Office of Housing and Urban Improvement, City of Pompano Beach
- Alex Goldstein, Program Compliance Manager, City of Pompano Beach
- Marty Kiar, Broward County Property Appraiser
REGISTRATION & additional information
Tap the link to register now for this event: https://nhssf.org/event/homeownership-101-in-person-homebuyer-orientation-event-5-19-22/
Light food and refreshments will be provided during the event.
For additional information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 305-751-7755.