Neighborhood Housing Services of South Florida (NHSSF) is a local homeownership center and community development organization. Our mission is to collaborate with residents and other stakeholders to stabilize neighborhoods and develop sustainable housing. We provide a full spectrum of homeownership services in English and Spanish.
AVAILABLE CAREER OPPORTUNITIES:
Position: Mortgage Loan Originator
Job Type: Full-time
NHSSF is a non profit focused on helping low and moderate income families to achieve the dream of homeownership. NHSSF is a home builder, HUD certified housing counseling agency, and a non profit lender. We seek an enthusiastic mortgage loan originator, licensed in Florida who shares our mission and vision for helping first time homebuyers. You must have patience, and a heart for community service. We will provide leads and you can bring in your own leads. Compensation is a mixture of a base salary, benefits, and commission. In your email, please provide a brief statement as to why you would be a good fit. We look forward to getting to know you.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
$25,000.00 to $35,000.00 /year
Position: NMLS Licensed Residential Real Estate Loan Originator
Department: Residential Mortgage Lending
Reports to: Lending Director
Originates first mortgage loans while NHSSF’s throughout the community. Successful candidate will represent NHSSF with real estate agents, developers, and other community development organizations to expand lending volume. Leads are also provided internally from NHSSF counseling, real estate sales, and housing development activities. Responsibilities include loan origination and management of loan file through closing, support of down payment assistance programs, and engagement with NHSSF community development activities.
- Possess current NMLS license eligible for doing business in the state of Florida
- Two to three years RECENT experience in residential lending as an NMLS Licensed Mortgage Originator with a proven track record of having a pipeline of loans that has been self-originated
- Ability to interview potential borrowers to determine complete family financial situation and mortgage readiness for pre-approvals and complete loan applications
- Ability to compute borrower’s and household income including reading of tax returns and pay stubs; can review bank statements to determine and identify any unusual activity
- Ability to complete loan application and all required disclosures and explain those documents to borrower
- Excellent sales, organizational, managerial and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate weekly with clients and real estate agents about NHSSF’s loan programs and policies
- Ability to read and comprehend training materials, communications and related loan manuals and apply them to daily work
- Ability to learn and follow policy and procedures regarding the department lending process
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with basic office equipment and Calyx Point or similar LOS; proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Participate in trainings and seminars that include public speaking on weekends and evenings
- Assist the Director of Lending with assigned special projects and other tasks deemed necessary to achieve overall goals and operate a successful Lending Program
- Abide by the highest Ethical standards in representing NHSSF programs and borrower qualification
- Bilingual a plus
Specific Job Functions
- Solicit first and second mortgage loans for organization. Inform prospective loan clients of underwriting guidelines and all applicable government regulations pertaining to loan application process
- Personally interview loan applicants and complete their loan application and pre-processing functions in a timely manner and ensure all required disclosures delivered in the timeframe required. Participate in the closing process as needed and assigned.
- Stays abreast of regulatory requirements to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements at all times, in all ways.
- Personally answers incoming phone calls, sees walk in clients, and schedules appointments for clients; Communicates approvals or denials to borrower, real estate agent and/or builder. If housing counselor is involved, keeps counselor informed.
- Distributes NHSSF approved market data, flyers, and general loan information to the real estate community as directed by management; Promotes and participates in NHSSF’s special credit and first time homebuyer programs
- Actively participates in local business and community activities and maintains close contact with local municipalities, builders, real estate brokers, customers and prospects.
- Other duties as assigned
- Outgoing, self directed and personable.
- Highly self-motivated individual who is capable of working independently with little or no supervision and who can work also as a productive team member.
- Detail-oriented with an ability and willingness to learn new skills in a quick and efficient manner.
- Ability to work with customers, partners, and staff of diversified backgrounds with a positive, optimistic, goal oriented attitude.
- Must have dependable transportation and valid Florida Driver’s License.
Salary and Benefits
- Compensation program commensurate with job responsibilities, skills required and job performance and meeting with regulatory requirements
- Benefits are described in the Personnel Policy provided to each employee.
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com (include Loan Originator in the subject line).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.