Established in 1978, NHSSF is a 501(c)(3) chartered member of the NeighborWorks® network. We are amongst a nationwide network of 245 trained and certified community development organizations at work in more than 4,400 communities across America. NHSSF provides a full spectrum of homeownership services in English, Creole, Spanish, and French to assist potential homebuyers in reaching their homeownership goals.
Services provided in four languages
(English, Creole, Spanish, French):
- Homebuyer Education
- Financial Capability
- Homeownership Counseling
- Housing Development
- Community Outreach
NHSSF is also a full-service mortgage company able to consummate the following types of Real Estate Loans:
- FHA Loans
- VA Loans
- USDA Loans
- Conventional Loans
- Non-Qualified Loans
- Reverse Mortgages
- Commercial Loans
- First Time Buyers Loans for Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance
Memberships & Certifications
NHSSF is proud to be a member of these organizations:
- Broward Alliance for Neighborhood Development (BAND) member
- Broward Alliance for Neighborhood Development Advisory Council member
- Broward Housing Partnership board member
- Broward Housing & Community Development Task Force member
- Florida Alliance of Community Development Corporations member
- Florida Housing Coalition board member
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce member
- National NeighborWorks® Association board member
- NeighborWorks® Network Member
- South Florida Community Development Coalition board member
- 79th Street Corridor Neighborhood Initiative board member
NHSSF is certified by the following agencies:
- Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI)
- HUD-approved Housing Counseling Agency
- Licensed Mortgage Lender in Florida
- Licensed Real Estate Broker in Florida (within Homeownership Realty, LLC)
- NeighborWorks® Certified Full Cycle Lender
November 3, 2020
I will go to bed tonight anxious, nervous, with a heavy heart, with so much uncertainty around who will be our next President, and when will we know. Leading up to the elections there were news reports of businesses boarding up, family members begging me to stay home, and friends asking why I went to work. My friends and family fear for my safety, especially now that I live in a battle ground state.
My worries drifted to our collective future. How do we heal after such an angry election? More importantly, how did we get here? To this level of division? Of course, this division has been at least a decade in the making, the culture wars, the “inside the Beltway bubble” lobbed at the Washington elite, the derisive “oh those liberal coastal elites” and then the characterizing U.S. states as Red States and Blue States as if we were tribes. Even my once apolitical sister is clear that she will defriend Trump supporters in real life not just on social media.
I know we can make our way to the centrist America I came to love. Left or right, conservative or liberal, Dem or Republican we can work together for a better City, State, and Country. We can bridge these divisions and we must heal. The world is watching.
Post-election, we will have a lot of work to do to build equitable neighborhoods, to address the affordable housing crisis crippling South Florida and as at least, one person likes to say we will build back better.
Kimberly T. Henderson
President & CEO
Interested In Working With Us?
Some error has occured.