Neighborhood Housing Services of South Florida (NHSSF) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit affordable housing and community development organization. For over 30 years NHSSF has been providing programs and services that promote, support and sustain homeownership and neighborhood revitalization throughout Miami-Dade and Broward Counties.
AVAILABLE CAREER OPPORTUNITIES:
There are no open positions at NHSSF at this time, please check back at a later date.
HomeOwnership Promotion Internship
Job Title: HomeOwnership Promotion Internship
Hours: 10-20 hours weekly
Reports to: Assistant Director HomeOwnership Promotion
Location: Broward Office
NHSSF’s HomeOwnership Promotion Intern will help build organizational capacity to strengthen communities affected by the housing crisis. The intern will work with our Housing Counselor’s to promote and strengthen personal self-sufficiency for low – moderate income households. The intern will learn the housing counseling process and to identify the barriers to homeownership. The position will provide an opportunity to observe and learn the techniques used to assess a client’s financial situation and communicate how to set and achieve goals. Additionally, the intern will begin a database that identifies resources and potential partners for NHSSF in Broward’s target market.
- Assist in responding to client inquiries regarding debt management, credit repair and budgeting techniques
- Participate in events, trainings and seminars
- Assist in scheduling pre and post-purchase individual counseling sessions
- Assist with the set up and conducting of the Homebuyer Education classes
- Assist in the preparation of packages of client files for grants
- Participate in community outreach events
- Analyze client files to help prioritize workflow
- Develop list of Facebook posts that will encourage potential clients to utilize our service
- Sociology, Psychology, Business, Marketing or any of the social sciences Major.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient in Math
- Bi-lingual preferred
- Self-motivated individual capable of working independently and as a team member;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good time management skills
- Detail oriented and able to complete projects with a high standard of quality
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills in a quick and efficient manner.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position.
They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
How To Apply:
Candidates must send a resume and cover letter of interest to: email@example.com
Questions can be sent to the same email.
NHSSF values diversity in its workforce and candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Each potential applicant must sign the job description at the time of the interview.